Here are some of the easiest songs to play on drums which are perfect for beginners. These easy drum songs for beginners feature straightforward rhythms and patterns.
Easy drum songs and music for beginners
Here are some of the easiest drum songs and music for beginners to play drums to. You could also enroll in our drum classes in Singapore which can teach you how to play such songs too.
- “With or Without You” by U2: This iconic rock song features a simple, steady beat with a bass drum, snare, and hi-hat pattern. It’s a fantastic choice for practicing basic rock rhythms.
- “Billie Jean” by Michael Jackson: The infectious groove of this pop classic provides an opportunity to work on your syncopation and dynamics. The main drum pattern is easy to follow and incredibly groovy.
- “Wipe Out” by The Surfaris: This surf rock classic is known for its straightforward and repetitive drum pattern, making it an excellent choice for beginners. It’s a great tune for practicing fills as well.
- “Knocking on Heaven’s Door” by Bob Dylan (covered by Guns N’ Roses): The Guns N’ Roses version of this song features a simple 4/4 rock beat, making it a good entry point for new drummers.
- “Louie Louie” by The Kingsmen: This classic rock ‘n’ roll song boasts one of the simplest drum patterns you can find, which is perfect for drummers just starting out.
- “Wonderwall” by Oasis: The steady rhythm in this song is perfect for working on your timing and groove. The pattern primarily consists of a basic beat played on the snare, bass drum, and hi-hat.
- “Bad Guy” by Billie Eilish: This contemporary pop song features a simple but captivating drum pattern that’s great for beginners. It’s an excellent choice for practicing dynamics.
- “Sweet Child o’ Mine” by Guns N’ Roses: Despite its fame, this rock classic has a relatively straightforward beat, making it accessible to beginners. It’s a fantastic song to practice transitions between different parts of a song.
- “La Bamba” by Ritchie Valens (covered by Los Lobos): This catchy Latin-inspired song has an uncomplicated drum pattern that introduces beginners to different styles of drumming.
- “Boulevard of Broken Dreams” by Green Day: This punk rock hit features a straightforward rock beat that’s ideal for novice drummers. It also offers an opportunity to practice accenting the snare.
Drum songs selection criteria
When choosing easy drum songs for beginner drummers, it is important to consider a few key factors:
- Simple Rhythms: Beginner drum songs should have uncomplicated drum patterns that are easy to follow.
- Slow Tempo: Slower songs are generally more manageable for novice drummers as they provide more time to think about and execute each hit.
- Repetition: Songs with repetitive drum patterns can help you build consistency and confidence in your playing.
- Familiarity: Starting with songs you know and enjoy can make the learning process more enjoyable.
If a particular drum song fulfills all of the above criteria, it is more likely that it will be amongst the easiest song to play on drums.