1. Sources and categories of personal data
Musicion obtains the following personal data.
- Name, age, date of birth, email address and physical address, phone number, sex, occupation, place of work or study, services or products purchased
- Information provided via questionnaires or campaigns or contact forms or communication methods such as via email, Whatsapp, and more
- Information necessary for product or service transactions or support (purchasing history and the like)
- Information generated from use of products and services (frequency of use and the like)
- Information generated from inquiries to Musicion (your phone number obtained upon inquiries, history of requests for repairs and the like, information regarding product or service difficulties, and the like)
- Information generated from transactions with Musicion (history of participation in concerts, events, auditions, and contests held or co-sponsored by Musicion (including voice recordings and information regarding instrumental or singing performances), history of participation in music school classes, courses, and the like operated by Musicion (including voice recordings and information regarding instrumental or singing performances), purchasing or use history for products and services handled by Musicion, history of licenses, use, and the like for artworks (including musical pieces) in which Musicion owns rights
- Information generated from the use of software or the internet (information obtained from cookies, etc., information regarding browsers and operating systems of devices you use, location information, service use information, webpages you browse, links you click, emails from Musicion you open, IP addresses, and the like)
- Types of devices, their O.S. versions, countries of access, number of users, access dates and times
- Information provided by questionnaires or campaigns conducted by outside services with your prior consent, information disclosed by customers
- Information provided by business operators who perform services using information that can distinguish between, but not identify, individual persons (advertising identifiers, etc.)
- Information on social media services affiliated with Musicion websites, etc. (with your consent)
If Musicion obtains your personal data, it obtains your personal data in a proper and lawful manner.
2. Purposes of use of personal data
Musicion uses personal data obtained from customers within the scope of the following purposes.
– Provision, maintenance, protection, and improvement of Musicion’s products and services, development of new products and services, provision of information on campaigns, new products, and the like, implementation of questionnaires, after-sales service for products, and protection of customers
– Provision of information and content that suit each customer’s preferences
– Contact regarding transactions, etc.
– Provision of products and services handled by Musicion
– Performance of agreements executed with Musicion (payment processing, etc.)
– Management of copyrights and neighboring rights for sound sources
– Implementation of service activities and handling of repairs during the warranty period and after-sales care after such implementation of service activities and handling of repairs (if applicable)
– Provision of notices regarding products and services handled by Musicion and announcements regarding events, etc.
– Provision of announcements regarding products, services, events, and the like of other companies or groups, such as companies or subsidiaries affiliated with Musicion
– Ascertainment of your preferences and wishes in order to provide appropriate information and to develop appropriate products and services
– Provision of information that suits your preferences by integrating information possessed by Musicion with information obtained from other companies
– Responses to inquiries, requests for brochures, or other requests, etc.
– Exercise of rights or performance of obligations under agreements, laws, and the like
– Screening conducted when applications are submitted for rental instruments, etc.
– Other purposes based on your prior consent
3. Safety management of personal data
Musicion implements technical, physical and organizational measures to prevent unauthorized access to personal data and loss, destruction, falsification, divulgence, and the like of personal data and endeavors to protect your personal data through the establishment of a safety management system.
4. Sharing of personal data
Musicion may entrust to a third party all or part of its operations regarding the processing of your personal data. Musicion does not approve the use or provision of your personal data by any contractor unless it is necessary for a contractor to conduct such use or provision in order to perform the entrusted operations or to comply with laws and ordinances. Musicion requires each contractor to protect personal data under an agreement.
Musicion may otherwise share personal data with a third party if permitted by applicable laws and ordinances.
5. Transfer of personal data
5.1 In particular, Musicion will only Transfer data where the recipient undertakes to protect the data to standards comparable to those required under the Personal Data Protection Act 2012. Musicion will enter into agreements with such recipients to require them to protect the data to standards that are comparable with those required under the Personal Data Protection Act 2012 and have the agreement specify the countries to which the data may be transferred.
6. Storage period for personal data
Musicion stores and uses personal data obtained from customers only for the period necessary to perform the purposes of use.
7. Processing of children’s personal data
With respect to a child’s personal data, Musicion obtains consent from statutory agents, such as a person with parental authority over that child, and takes other necessary steps in accordance with applicable laws, ordinances, and the like.
Musicion may generate cookies and use other similar technologies on Musicion’s websites. These enable Musicion to provide each customer with more customized services and advertisements.
9. Personal data length
Musicion will keep copies of personal data only for as long as it needs to do so to fulfill the purposes for which they were collected or in compliance with relevant laws concerning the keeping of records such as but not limited to the Companies Act’s provisions on keeping accounting records for five years.
10. Compliance with laws and ordinances
Musicion complies with applicable laws, ordinances, and guidelines regarding personal data and performs its social responsibilities as a company.
11. Continuous improvement
Musicion continually reviews and improves its compliance program (its program for complying with laws, ordinances, and the like) in order to ensure reliable performance of personal data protection.
About linked websites
Musicion’s websites contain several links to outside websites, but these links are not provided for the purpose of sharing personal data. Our company does not take any responsibilities for the collection of personal data at the linked websites, so please ensure you check details regarding the processing of personal data explained on the linked websites.
Dissemination of information by customers
Musicion’s services may include chat functions (for conversation), response to inquiries via email, and the like. Musicion does not take any responsibility for personal data transmitted by customers through these services. When you use these services, please transmit information at your responsibility and discretion.
Matters related to children
Musicion does not deliberately request or collect personal data from children on our websites.
Any person considered a minor under local laws or any other person under a certain age who attempts to access Musicion’s websites may use our websites only if he or she has consent from a statutory agent, such as a person with parental authority.